The trends in interior design are constantly changing and rustic seems to be here to stay. People are choosing rustic wood furniture or reclaimed wood, with aged surfaces, shades, scars, and marks. People want stories to tell and conversation starters, not etched art pieces. Unique furniture can draw attention and offer a high return on investment due to their history and unique appearance. You never know the story that a rustic coffee table could tell, as it is made from reclaimed wood.
Rustic coffee tables are the most sought-after rustic furniture, including rustic beds, headboards, study tables, and bathroom vanities. A rustic coffee table is essential if you want to give your home a rustic look. Learn more about these tables and what to look out for when buying one.
Reclaimed wood/lumber is used to make rustic coffee tables. Contrary to popular belief, these pieces of wood are strong and powerful, even though they are very old. These wood pieces were cut from trees that grew in the 20th Century when there was virtually no pollution. Reclaimed wood is used not only for its history and strength but also because of the environmental consciousness that it promotes.
Consider these things when buying a rustic coffee-table
- Space – Make sure you measure the space where the table will be located and how it will fit in your living area before buying. You should place it so that it blends in seamlessly with the other furniture.
- Shape – The most sought after rustic coffee tables on the market are rectangular and circular shapes. For homes with pets and children, circular tables are more popular than rectangular ones. Rectangular tables work well if you have less space.
- Size – Be sure the size of your rustic coffee table matches the size of the chair and couch next to it. The table should not be higher than the couch’s height. Also, the table’s length and width must be sufficient to allow for additional furniture.
- Finish – Because the table is made from old, reclaimed lumber, make sure that all scars and holes are covered with quality epoxies.
- Cost – Compare the costs of different furniture makers to determine if you can afford the rustic coffee table.