5 Ideas Summer Hairstyles For Curly Hair – Curly hair can be difficult to work with, but it’s also one of the most fun and unique styles you can have.
If you’re looking for some new summer hairstyles for curly hair, we’ve got something for you!
These five styles can be great for curly hair.
Now that you’ve gotten a better idea of what summer hairstyles for curly hair are, it’s time to consider your face shape and hair type.
If you have long hair and a round face, don’t think about getting one of these styles because they’re too short for your face shape.
Also, if you have thick or coarse hair, you should keep in mind that it may take longer than usual to use heat on your locks because of the extra thickness.
If these two things sound like they apply to you (or if they just seem like common sense) then congratulations!
These five styles can be great for curly hair during the summer months! But before we dive right in let’s take a look at how easy these styles are to maintain:
- Easy Maintenance – Since these looks were created with minimal effort in mind they’re also easy to maintain once they’re done—and even easier when compared with other hairstyles! This makes them perfect options if there are limited resources available (like water).
Low braids are such a chic way to wear your hair this summer. To get the look, follow these steps:
- Divide your hair into three sections and secure them with elastic bands.
- Take the middle section of your hair and divide it into two pieces. Secure each one with an elastic band at the bottom of your head (closer to where you will be braiding).
- Take a small section of hair from each side of your head (the top) and cross them over each other before placing one on top of the other under their respective elastic bands as shown above in step 2. Repeat until you have reached about half-way down your head or until you have run out of space if there is any left after crossing over every few strands like I did here! You should now have one big braid running down towards where we started at step 2 but don’t worry because we’re not done yet! We need some finishing touches…
A half-up topknot is a great option for curly hair, because it’s low maintenance and will keep your curls looking on point. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by putting your hair in a ponytail, making sure to pull the elastic as tight as possible.
- Next, twist the section of hair below your ponytail around itself; gather this twist with bobby pins until you reach where your bun should be.
- Now create an actual bun by twisting around itself again once or twice—it should look like an upside-down C shape when you’re done. Finish with hairspray!
If your curls aren’t quite long enough for this style yet (or if they’ve never been long enough), try using some pomade or gel on them before you start so that when they’re pulled back into a slick ponytail they’ll stay there without any slipping out, even through lots of dancing!
Whether you have a short or long hair, twist-outs are a great option for creating volume and natural curls.
This hairstyle can be done with any length of curly hair, but is especially effective for long curly hair as it creates more definition in the ends.
To start off, apply your favorite leave-in conditioner to freshly washed and detangled hair.
Next, use your fingers to comb through each section of hair from root to tip until the strands are smooth and untangled.
Divide the sections into smaller sections while holding onto them with one hand so they don’t fall out of place.
Then take each section between two fingers and twist it until you reach the end of that piece before releasing it back down again at its starting point on top of itself (think about making a double braid that goes under instead).
Repeat this process until all sections are twisted together into one big knot like a rope!
Now all there’s left to do is let it dry completely before unraveling each twist separately when they’re ready—but don’t pull too hard!
This will make sure those lovely waves stay intact throughout their time in existence on your head 🙂
Space buns are a great way to keep your hair out of your face, especially if you have long hair.
They’re simple and quick to do, and they look cute when they’re done. You can do them at home or on the go since they only require a few different tools. Here’s how it works:
- Gather some hair at the top of your head in one hand so that it’s loose but not too loose
- Twist this section of hair into a bun (or try putting some bobby pins in place)
High Ponytail With Side Bangs
- 1. Start by blow-drying your hair with a round brush until it’s completely dry.
- 2. Take a section of hair from the front of your head and divide it into two parts, then twist the right half back toward itself to create a rope braid on top of your head that reaches about halfway down your forehead (or past it if you want to go for maximum height). Secure with an elastic band at the end, then repeat this process with the left section of hair so that there are now two braids on top of each other.
- 3. Gently tug each braid apart so that they fall over the other side and form loose waves, then secure them back into place with more elastics (make sure not too tight). If necessary, add some gel or mousse to define further!
Summer is all about having fun, and these hairstyles are a great way to do just that. We’ve included both casual and formal styles for your enjoyment!
You can get creative with these looks by changing up colors and adding accessories like flowers or headbands; we hope you enjoy them as much as we do.