3 Female Mohawk Hairstyles for Long Hair – Since the rise of the mohawk in the 1970s, it has become one of the most popular hairstyles for both men and women.
Although a traditional mohawk is short and spiky, a long mohawk will give you more styling options.
You can choose from many different types like shaved sides, half-shaved or even braided; without compromising on style.
In this article we will take a look at some amazing female mohawks hairstyles for long hair that will make heads turn when you walk down the street.
Shaved Side Long Mohawk
The shaved side long mohawk is a classic mohawk style that’s been around for decades.
It’s still very popular today and you can see it on both men and women, but the shaved side trend is becoming more and more common.
The shaved side of the mohawk can be done on either the left or right side, but it always starts with a longer length of hair on one side of your head.
This gives you room to get creative with your designs!
Half-shaved Long Mohawk
You can also opt for a half-shaved long mohawk where you shave only half of your head and leave the other half with hair.
Here it the ways to makes this beautiful hairstyles :
- Make sure your hair is long enough to braid. It should be at least 25 inches long and thick enough to hold its shape when braided.
- Braid the hair on one side of your head, tying it off with a hair tie at the bottom of your braid.
- Shave the sides of your head with a razor or electric shaver until there’s enough space between the shorn part and braided section (about three inches should do it). You may need to use clippers if there are straggly ends hanging out by their roots instead of neatly shaved off flush against the scalp like in this example photo above – just follow these instructions for that specific style!
Braided Long Mohawk
- You will need to start by dividing your hair into two sections, then braiding the bottom section into a long braid. Repeat on the top and side sections of your hair until they are also divided into three parts each, leaving one section loose at the front of your head for now.
- Once you have all three parts braided, use an elastic band to secure them together in order to create one large braid that runs from the back of your head all the way down past your ears and onto the side of your face (this is where you will start styling it). Make sure that none of these smaller braids cross over each other but rather overlap instead (like clovers).
- Next comes styling! Use some texturizing spray or volumizing powder to give it some texture so that it looks more natural as opposed to being too uniform—this helps when styling long mohawks like these ones because otherwise they might look too “perfect” or “stiff” due their length alone without any added character traits such as body oils or shine enhancers etcetera…
Female Mohawk Hairstyles for Long Hair
If you have long hair and want to wear a mohawk, there are a few options. The first is the shaved side long mohawk. This style involves shaving one side of your head and leaving the other side long.
Finally, if you’re feeling extra creative, consider braiding your hair into a braid before chopping it off into an inverted V shape at the nape of your neck.
We recommend choosing this option only if you have thick or wavy hair as otherwise thinning out this style would be near impossible!
If none of these styles appeal to you then why not consider wearing two small pigtails instead?
This look is guaranteed to make heads turn when worn by anyone but especially so when styled on African American women who tend not only enjoy wearing their natural tresses but also love experimenting with different hairstyles like braids etcetera which makes them stand out from others within their communities as well as outside too!
Now you’re ready to step out with confidence, whether your Mohawk is for fun or a serious style statement!
Our advice is to read through our tips on how to get the perfect mohawk. And if all else fails?
Go back over our list of styles and pick your favorite. We guarantee it’ll look great no matter what!