7 Elegant Backyard Party Decorations Ideas – As the weather warms up across the country, it’s time to start planning your next backyard party!
From checking all the details off our pre-party checklist to choosing from one of our favorite backyard party themes, this guide has got you covered!
Paper lanterns are a great way to add color and light to your party. They’re inexpensive and easy to store, making them an excellent choice for backyard parties. You can find paper lanterns at most party supply stores.
Floral arches are a popular and elegant way to decorate your backyard party. They can be made in a variety of ways, depending on the materials you have available.
Here are some tips for making your own floral arch:
- Use lights along with flowers and greenery to create a beautiful effect. You may want to use fairy string lights or battery-powered LED lights instead of candles if you’re planning on having this arch outdoors and it will be in direct sunlight all day long.
- Use wire mesh or butcher paper as opposed to ribbon if you don’t have time or money for fancy decorations like ribbons or twine. You can use tape or glue sticks (for paper) to secure the ends of each piece together once they’re cut into proper sizes; then staple everything down at regular intervals on both sides once it’s been secured properly with tape or glue sticks!
- Add other greenery such as ferns, ivy vines, holly bushes etcetera… All these things add color but also give off an elegant look while creating depth by making sure there aren’t any gaps between flowers (unless that’s what you meant by doing so).
String lights are a great way to add a romantic feel to your party. They’re simple, easy to install and can be used to light up the whole yard.
You can hang them from trees or on the roof of your house if you want something more dramatic, but string lights also look great when lined up along tables with candles in between.
Water jug with flowers
If you have a clear glass water jug, place it in the center of your table with a flower that’s in season. The flower should be easy to maintain, such as an orchid or an African violet.
Admittedly, these flowers are not native to Colorado and therefor may not be in season during the summer months.
However, if you choose to do so anyway and risk having your guests get too much sun because they’re busy looking at your fancy water jug, then so be it!
Mason jars with tea lights and floating flowers
Mason jars are a versatile decoration that can be used for so many things. You can use them to make floating candles, which will add a soft glow to your backyard party.
They’re easy to make, and they’ll give the table some romance and charm.
- Mason jars with lids (you can buy these at any craft store)
- Tea lights or votive candles (these are available in bulk at most grocery stores)
- Fill each mason jar with water until it’s halfway full, leaving enough room for the tea light or votive candle later on.
Hanging mason jars
Hanging mason jars are a great way to add a touch of elegance to your backyard party.
They can be used for floating candles, flowers, or even little notes that guests write about their favorite memories from the day.
These can also be hung from trees, ceilings, and walls so you have plenty of options for placement.
To make these hanging mason jars you’ll need:
- A mason jar with lid (make sure it fits into the opening at the top!)
- String/rope/twine/etc., depending on how you want them hung
- Something decorative like tea lights or flowers if desired
Fresh flowers everywhere
Fresh flowers are an incredible way to add color and festivity to your backyard party. You can use them in a variety of ways, from the food table to the centerpieces.
If you want to incorporate fresh flowers into your centerpieces, try using them as accents or filler for the arrangement rather than as the main focal point for each centerpiece.
For example, try arranging miniature roses in a single layer on top of glass vases and place one or two on each plate at your table setting.
Another great idea is to make flower arrangements with various plants that have different textures and colors (like greenery).
This will give you many options when decorating your tables without having everything match perfectly together (as long as they all go together within their own little clump).
Finally, don’t forget about bouquets! Bouquets are usually made up of more than just flowers.
There may be greenery too so make sure you don’t forget any important parts when choosing what type of bouquet might work best for this occasion!